What are we doing to protect you and our staff?
As part of our dedication in keeping our staff and our patients safe, we have put the following guidelines in place during the coronavirus public health crisis.
- All patients will be triaged over the phone when booking their appointment. This triage will be ensuring patients do not currently have any of the symptoms relating to coronavirus:
- A high temperature
- A new or persistent cough
- Loss of taste or smell
- The triage will also ensure patients do not themselves or live in the same household that has tested positive in the last 14 days or have to self-isolate for any reason.
- All patients will be asked to wear a face covering all time when in the clinic, unless you are exempt from doing so, these include:
- Children under the age of 11
- Those who cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering due to a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability.
- If you are speaking to or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading, clear sound or facial expressions to communicate. (in this case a plastic visor will be provided)
*All information/guidance sought from Public Health England (PHE).
If for any reason you fall into the above category so therefore cannot attend your appointment, you will be offered the opportunity to reschedule your appointment (while being exempt from our 24hr cancellation policy) or alternatively have an ‘Online Telehealth Consultation’.
Here is a PDF of our COVD-19 Risk Assessment for your information.
Here is a PDF of the General Osteopathic Council (GOsC) Infection Control Guidance (this is also displayed in the clinic) for your information.